Welcome to Ocean's Edge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out Gathering (what is found we shall see) OPEN RP

3 posters

Go down

Out Gathering (what is found we shall see) OPEN RP Empty Out Gathering (what is found we shall see) OPEN RP

Post by Delhya Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Merle walked next to Blackfrost her hand on his scruff, he had been such a wonderful wolffriend to her over the years of hardships. Survived the year of storms and seen her through many losses as her stone to lean on when she needed him. Now he was an old wolf and only had a few more years left in his body though his spirit was as sharp and feisty as ever. They were out hunting for him as he could no longer run down prey like he use too. Her bow is hand they moved silently through the shade of the trees no sound but his occasional panting. It was a beautiful day to hunt, it was times like this she could understand how to just be in the moments of the Now as she refocused on find her dear friend some food.

She located some branchhorn tracks and saw on of them was walking off. Seasons ago living with Wolfders had taught her to track fairly well and to hunt with a bow well enough for a clean kill most of the time. **Blackfrost can you smell them? I think one is hurt**she sent to him following the tracks. He did not send back to her as much as he did when he was younger and his bones ached more than the should due to his slightly larger size.

They came onto a small clearing stopping at the forest edge, the wind was with them They were downwind of the Herd. She careful took aim looking for the Brachhorn that was favoring its' hind leg. She saw her, it was an older doe well past her prime and bearing age. She exhaled softly and released the arrow the bows thrum silenced by the fur tuffs attached to it midway between the nock and tip of the bow. The arrow meet its mark true to her aim as the does' body leap to escape before realizing her spirit was gone from this world.
Delhya
Delhya
Admin

https://oceansedgetowerholt.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Out Gathering (what is found we shall see) OPEN RP Empty Re: Out Gathering (what is found we shall see) OPEN RP

Post by Shinebright Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:06 pm

It was a nice evening. A perfect time to look for new herbs and spices. Shinebright always loved to go out on her own, but after the year of storms she was more carefull.

Suddenly she heard a loud scream of a Branchhorn. She wasn't much of a hunter, but at times she enjoyed the rush a hunt could give. She walked toward the sound and saw the Branchhorn on the ground. A clean kill! Merle came out of the bushed acompanied by her Wolf Blackfrost, claiming yhe prey.

"Good hunting, my friends! A nice clean kill you made."
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Out Gathering (what is found we shall see) OPEN RP Empty Re: Out Gathering (what is found we shall see) OPEN RP

Post by Delhya Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Merle looked up at the sound of a female voice and quickly spotted Shinebright walking into view.
"AHHHH Well met, Thank you. With so few hunters at the moment I find my skills at it are coming back to me easier than I imagined after many years of neglect." She smiled "I can't say the same for the little bit of tanning I learned though." she joked with a light air to her voice. Things have been so solemn and serious it was nice to relax and let go.

"At least my skinning is fair enough. The doe is more than enough for myself and Blackforst, I was going to take it back to the Holts after he has his fill. Would you like any?" She started skinning the hind haunch to give to him
Delhya
Delhya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:47 pm

"You are too kind! Let me make a delicious meal for you! I just gathered some herbs that will go nicely with Branchhorn." Merle was always kind to share the meat.
She knew exactly how to prepare it, she needed a hot stone from the fire.

"How is Blackfrost today? I have some herbs that will be good for him, ease his pain a bit!" Before she found her treeshapingpowers she had learned of the divers use of herbs. Some were great with food, some were good for healing.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:02 pm

"I could never pass up the offer of such a delicious sounding meal. He is well enough, not to grumpy today," she smile as Blackfrost huffed in her direction at the comment as he torn into the haunch.

"That would be wonderful I am sure he would appreciate it."She was moving onto the rest of the hid removing it carefully so as to not put any holes in it. 'Shaft would be thrilled to have new hide to work with to make clothing for the coming white cold though it was fairly mild there were time it got rather chilly.' she thought to herself.

Oakpaw sniffed the air catching Merle and Blackfrost's scents as well as fresh meat. He padded in the direction and emerged from the bushes, tail wagging he walked over to Merle and his brother to eat as well.

"There you are you rascal, You were sleeping the day away again weren't you lazy bones!" She responded to the old tan brown wolf that came into the clearing and helped himself to the haunch Blackfrost was eating. Blackfrost growled softly but shared it.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a wolf for RP plot)
Delhya
Delhya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthbleed Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Oakpaw had barely pulled a chunk of the meat from the haunch before his head lifted, staring off into the nearby woods. His body grew stiff, tail and ears perked up in alert. It was as if though he had smelled something on the wind, a faint trace of a scent that he had not smelled in a very long time.
Abandoning the kill, he set off at a gallop towards the edge of the woods, head and tail low as he ran towards the thing yet unseen. It would not have been odd, if it had not been for the fact Oakpaw was nearing his last years as well and preferred to sleep the day away rather than hunt.
It was when he was nearing the edge of the woods did he come to a halt, standing square as he raised his head back and howled, the long, deep call of a wolf calling to a packmate. Out from the depths of the forest came the returning howl, deep and resonant and joyful. Oakpaw howled again in joyful greeting as a figure stepped out of the woods. From its dress, it could only be..human?
Earthbleed
Earthbleed

http://theletter27.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:54 pm

Merle stopped her skinning as Oakpaw ran off towards the planes. “what in the stars …” she did not have the nose of a wolfrider but she had good hearing as Oakpaws howl went up on the wind. Then the returning howl came to her ears. “OH!... BY THE HighOnes!!! Can it be?” she dropped her knife not caring about the blood on her hands from the half skinned doe. She wanted to howl back too but her voice caught in her throat, her eyes watering up, blurring her vision as she crashed through the brush shaming her stealth skills, but she did not care. That voice…. that voice… that howl. ‘Can it really be?’ she thought to herself. She should have sent ahead to be sure and not get her hopes up any higher but she was not thinking straight and just ran towards the howl. the woods edge close but not close enough.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Delhya
Delhya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:03 am

Shinebright sought in her pouch, she had many new herbs today and whitebark would surely help against the pain. A good tea for Blackfrost would make a difference for him. The taste was good, so he wouldn't refuse!
She helped skinning the prey, when Oakpaw joined and left as soon as he started to eat. He felt a presence as did she.
The answer to who it was came in a howl! She stopped doing what ever she did..even forgetting it. She knew that howl, but her memory had always been bad. She knew it, so she stood up and followed Merle.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthbleed Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Vaun grinned and laughed as Oakpaw lumbered towards him, the wolf just as large but older than he had remembered. Gone were the playful days of his puppy years, but one would not know that as the two jumped and hugged at each other, Vaun burying his face in the wolfs fur and inhaling deeply. It had been five years since he had last seen a wolf, and the domesticated dogs of the humans simply could not compare. Sinking to the forest floor, he simply held Oakpaw as he took in a simple fact- he was home.
He would have sat there like that had it not been for the sound of footsteps, heavy and running towards him, that caught his ears. Pulling his face out of Oakpaws fur he looked up, and there was nothing that could make him forget the face and the hair of the elf woman running towards him, eyes wet with could only be unshed tears. He pushed the wolf away and stood, running towards her to meet her halfway.
Earthbleed
Earthbleed

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Merle saw Oakpaw rolling and bouncing like a cub with what looked like a short human but knowing he would never greet one in such a manner it had to be him. “VAUN!?” She call out barely audible as the figure stood up and moved quickly towards her. She plowed into him hugging him tightly burying her face in his chest, she would never let him go again, not like the time he slipped from her grasp those four and one years ago. “This is a Dream… I am dreaming…”
Delhya
Delhya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthbleed Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:31 pm

“If you are, then so must I be..” He had buried his face into her hair much like he had Oakpaws fur, inhaling her scent, arms wrapped around her real, physically near body. No one smelled like Merle, and the comforting scent of another elf after so long in the company of humans was a relief. It had only been four and one years, a blink of an eye to an elf, but it had seemed like much, much longer. Merle had changed, and not just her clothes. It was her hair, the way she carried herself, so much more he would have to see and get used to.
Not to say he himself hadn’t changed. He bore the clothing and (unfortunately) the smell of humans and their animals, the leather and fabric he wore made by human hands. Only his bow, new but well worn, had any elven craftsmanship to it. the dark red ringlets in his hair had seemed to bleed down as he had aged, and his skin, usually pale, had noticeably tanned. He took her face between both of his hands, kissing at her forehead and cheeks, nuzzling her like any wolf would
Earthbleed
Earthbleed

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:02 am

Shimebright caught up with Merle....
She stepped back to enjoy the sight! Vaun had returned! This was wonderfull. She gave the couple time to reconnect again. Tears ran down her face. One had returned after so long! Maybe more would find their way home....

This was turning into a beautiful day indeed!
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Merle hiccuped between sobs squeezing him, she kept her eyes closed as he kissed her, breathing in his scent under the human smell on him. She reached up to find his face and bring his lips to hers, kissing him and smearing him with a little the doe’s blood still on her hands in the process.

“You smell of humans beloved.” There was no surprise or disdain in her voice at their mention. She touched her forehead to his **OH how I have missed you** she lock sent to him. “I thought I had lost you forever,” she spoke softly bring her face back from his and opened her eyes for the first time and glanced up into to his beautiful blue eyes she had not seen in too long.

They were so deep, the different shades in them, it was like she was falling into them… diving from the cliff into the sea, her heart beat faster, eyes widened and she gasped, tears starting anew. **Amahh?** she locksent to him.
Delhya
Delhya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthbleed Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:36 pm

He would have been perfectly content to just hold her, even with the does’ blood coating his cheeks. He was aware, though vaguely, of Shinebright's presence. **Yes, you tend to smell like them when you live with them and like them.** He ran his thumbs over both of her cheeks, wiping away any stray tears that might have fallen. **I’ve missed you as well, Merle. Four and one years I’ve missed you.** He looked up as she pulled her face away, his own eyes a bit misty but mostly dry. In them she could, perhaps, see how the years would have caused some of the innocence that she had known in him to fade away, reflected back into her own. He stared at them, wondering at the gut wrenching feeling that they elicited in him, how they made him catch his breath like they had never done before.
It was when he heard that name, the secret name not even Taeza knew did his breath catch in his throat, eyes widening. He couldn’t have said how he knew what to respond with, but he knew. **...Surl?**
Earthbleed
Earthbleed

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:37 am

Shinebright saw it all happen. It had been wonderfull to see them re-unite, but it was glorious to see Recognition happen!
She was so happy for them, she could feel the joy they shared at that moment.

She knew she had to leave, but it was as if her legs refused on her.
She pinched her legs and stepped out of the shadows. "Ahum, I am sorry... well, actually I am not for seeing what happend. I am so happy for you both!" Her face reflected why she was called Shinebright, not just by the color of her hair. She couldn't help but hug them and send them both how she felt. "Vaun, you have no idea how good it is to see you again, but we will have plenty of time to talk, so I will leave you for now!"
She hugged them again and started to walk to their new Holt, she had started to create after the year of the Storm.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:19 am

Merle hugged Shinebright in return, this was a joyous moment indeed.
"Wait Shinebright!"Merle came out of her surprise of the moment. She wiped the tears from her face giving herself lighter matching  streaks to Vauns.

"We can show him the new dens now plus we still need to finish skinning the doe so the meat does not go bad." She looked back to Vaun with a smile, "When was the last time you ate? We have waited this long we can bear a few hours more I think."
Delhya
Delhya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:31 pm

"I almost forgot about the doe....I love to help! And I would like to hear of your travels! You say you lived among the Humans? Well, food must have been... euh... not quite like you were used to. Oh, much has changed the last turns of the seasons, land has been given back to us, so we could make a new Holt for the ones who don't want to live in the Towers or in the Ocean. My treeshapingskills have improved much because of it. Oh and I must not forget to make a nice broth for Blackfrost, maybe Oakpaw could use some too!"
Shinebright stopped and blushed. "Now I am rambling...hahaha, it is just such joy to see you again!"
She helped with the doe, meanwhile thinking what herbs would go best with it. On the way to the Holt she had seen some berries and greens to add to the meat. Hmmm, it made her even more hungry.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Earthbleed Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:34 pm

Vaun had to will himself to look away from Merle towards Shinebright, his eyes still wide under the impact of the recognition. **Oh...Shinebright..forgive me, I, ah..** He could feel the blush creeping across his face, though he wasn't sure exactly what he was blushing about, or for. Perhaps it was having the intimacy of the moment so publicly captured or that it was captured at all. Here, with Merle, Shinebright looking on all smiles and excitement. He returned the smile with a bit of a laugh, hoping his face wasn't as red as his hair.  **Thank you, Shinebright. I..yes, living with the humans was an..interesting, experience. I was fed only when I helped to provide the meals as well."
He followed them back towards where they had left the doe, one of his hands wrapped around one of Merle's. At his side Oakpaw walked along, tail still wagging as he bumped happily into his long gone elf companion. **I knew that the storms were bad, though I don't remember much about them, to be honest.** He stopped then, a look of slight panic and concern on his face. **The others! Raven, the other tower elves! Lord Tidas? My mother, Taeza! Are they still...?**
Earthbleed
Earthbleed

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Shinebright felt a sadness come over her. Many had lost their lives, they had looked for them, searched through sending, but most were found dead or still missing.
That Vaun had returned would give hope to many of the tribes. She hadn't thought of the questions the ones who could return would ask....
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:31 am

OOC: Brief pause in RP (I hope) Let's try and get some more players. I will delete this and respond with Merle when we resume. ^_^
Delhya
Delhya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:34 am

Ok. Hope we have more players soon Smile
I will try to complete my story and some drawings I have in my head.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down